Main Benefits of Laser Gum Surgery (laser-assisted new attachment procedure, LANAP)
- Faster Healing– LANAP (laser gum surgery) is minimally invasive and allows the body to recover and heal more rapidly.
- Less Discomfort– Patients report less discomfort during and after surgery.
- No Cut, No Sew, No Fear – the LANAP (laser gum surgery) uses laser light energy to eliminate the bacteria that cause gum disease, and help your mouth recover faster.
- Minimal Recovery Time– Most patients can immediately return to their daily routine.
- Little to No Gum Recession– Because the procedure doesn’t require cutting the gums, there is less risk of recession and your beautiful smile is maintained.
- Reduction in Gum Inflammation and Bleeding– The Nd:YAG laser used in LANAP targets inflammatory bacteria without injuring healthy tissue.
- Saves Teeth– Patients can keep their natural teeth sometimes even when the teeth have been deemed “questionable” with traditional treatments. Keeping your natural teeth has been linked to a longer lifespan!
- Safe for patients with Health Concerns –LANAP (laser gum surgery) is safe for patients with health concerns such as diabetes, HIV, hemophilia, or those taking medications such as Plavix or aspirin.